Asparagus and eggs, there’s no surprise why this combo has been served time and time again! Hint: it’s quick AND delicious. Today’s take was finished with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a pinch of fleur de sel, but another great option is to top it with a generous grating of fresh Parmesan or if you have time to make the sauce, a spoonful of hollandaise. No plates needed here – we recommend serving it right in the skillet.
- Asparagus, sliced into 2-inch segments
- Eggs, 1 to 2 per person
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fleur de sel
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, saute the asparagus with olive oil and salt to taste until the asparagus starts to turn bright green and you get a good whiff of cooking asparagus.
- Make a well in the center of the cooking asparagus and crack in the eggs.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are just set.
- To serve, squeeze fresh lime juice over the asparagus and top the eggs with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of fleur de sel.