These candied green blueberries are sweet and tart, and we would call them sweetarts, but that name is already taken… sad. We currently do not have a juicer at home (Jess hopes that we will soon!), but if you do, we recommend juicing some fresh blueberries and using that juice in place of the coconut milk in the recipe below for some blueberryception.
- 60 g coconut milk
- 6 g gelatin
- Fresh green blueberries
- Cane sugar
- Combine coconut milk and gelatin. Whisk the gelatin into the coconut milk in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Coat berries. When the gelatin is dissolved, add the berries into the mixture and toss to coat.
- Slightly set gelatin. When each berry is coated, individually remove them and set on a sheet of parchment paper with space in between so that no berries are touching. Allow to cool at room temperature until the gelatin is slightly set and a bit tacky to the touch.
- Roll in cane sugar. Roll each berry in the cane sugar to coat and transfer them to a baking tray covered with a fresh sheet of parchment paper.
- Set in fridge. Transfer the tray to the refrigerator and allow the gelatin to fully set.