These cacao cashew bars are made with roasted cacao nibs and cashews bound together with figs and dates for a healthy bite when you’re craving something sweet! It’s a guilt-free snack that comes with no added processed sugar as long as you’re paying attention to the ingredients label when purchasing. Feel free to add or take away any ingredients such as dried fruits or nuts when making these bars to customize your own.
Ingredients (Yield: One 9×9 inch pan)
- 1 cup dried black mission figs
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup roasted & unsalted cashews
- 2 tbsp roasted cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Blend together ingredients. In a food processor, blend together all the ingredients until the figs and dates are sufficiently broken down and the mixture is crumbly and tacky when pressed between your fingers.
- Shape into bars. Press the mixture into a parchment lined 9×9 inch pan and transfer to freezer to set, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Cut into desired bar size and wrap individually for easy on-the-go access.